My fat ass

hirondelle

Seriously I gained about a full English stone (14lbs) over 2020 thanks to being in sedantary covid hiding and working from home (eating from home more like). I have to fix it this year - covid kills fat people faster! 

Anyone else gained / is trying to lose weight? Misery loves company. 

• Love 1

I’ve been trying to lose weight too. One thing that has helped me is I invested in RingFit Adventure for the Switch. It’s a legit workout video game set up like an RPG. I don’t use it as much as I should but it beats going to the gym or doing stuff outside. Outside is a place, right? LOL

CE7B5357-C985-465B-891C-58F19AD72381.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are currently doing the Whole30 for the month of January. It is an elimination diet which is good to kick start a change in your eating habits long term. Whole 30 is not sustainable long term but if you are having a bit of carb problem or something it is a good way to take back control. As long as you don't binge when it is over obviously... But usually you don't want to. Sometimes mental health problems go hand in hand with poor diet (each affecting the other) and while I won't say Whole 30 solves your problems it can help clear away the fog so you can see things more clearly. ❤️

• Love 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I, too, am trying to lose this weight. I was successful on Keto for a few months, and lost almost 50lbs, but have since fallen off and gained a quarter of that back! I need to do something though, because being this weight sucks! :( Glad to see you've been making progress. It's not easy lol

• Love 1

I don't have problems with my weight, so take this with a grain of salt.  I have, however, been subjected to a lot of info regarding such things due to a recent medical issue.  From everything I've gathered from the medical professionals I was working with, dieting only works very briefly.  If you are not changing, or cannot change the overall reason for the weight and/or weight gain, it's only going to come back.

I'm told there are 3 keys to getting/staying healthy, including losing weight, and those are: 1 diet, 2 exercise, and 3 consistency.  I use a slightly adapted version of the Mediterranean Diet.  It's healthy, and more importantly, sustainable.  I also exercise, and it doesn't have to be a lot, nor do you need a gym for it to be effective.  Also, drink an appropriate amount of water.

• Like 2

I’m going to agree with @Lightningfallon this. I do not have issues with my weight, but those three factors were key in any weight loss I had. No gym membership existed, but I did a lot of simple walking and portion control, not on any specific diet. Can I do it purposely? No. But as long as you make a healthy consistent change in your plan and stick to it, results will come hopefully. 

• Like 2

So, I've decided to do a thing.  Since I've decided to start losing weight, I've decided to blog about it.  This is a two fold thing.  1. To track my weight loss.  2.  Get me blogging again.  Below is the link for the first blog post.  If any of you would like to blog with me, let me know and I will set up a group blog for it.  If not, no big deal.  :) 

I think that's a great idea, Dom.  I just have two pieces of advice; first, don't be too reliant on the scale; and second, remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you include weight training or something like that in your weight loss regimen, then you may not actually lose weight, just fat.

I wish you luck.

• Love 1