What are you reading at the moment?

hirondelle

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas

I forgot to come by for a little while so here's what I've read since I last updated in September.

Warrior of The Altaii by Robert Jordan 👍, The Future of Another Timeline by Analee Newitz 👍, Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence 👍, Holy Sister by Mark Lawrence 👍 🤘 (and a 👍 👍 for this whole trilogy, btw), Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid 👍, Worldshaper by Edward Willett 👎, Trinity Sight by Jennifer Givhan 👍, Empire of Lies by Raymond Khoury 👍, The Loosening Skin by Aliya Whiteley 👌, The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter 👍 🤘

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oona Out Of Order by Margarita Montimore

Now, Then and Everywhen was 👌 and turned out to be a kind of a spin-off of a different series of books and I ended up reading those books, the CHRONOS trilogy, plus a few related novellas and short stories, the whole of which was fine, but much more YA than the book I initially read. I wish I could talk to the author of the series and see why she wrote it/broke it up the way she did, because there's a world where instead of three shorter novels and various side stories she writes it all as three longer books and all the characters are more three-dimensional, or at least less two-dimensional. To be fair, that's usually my issue with anything YA, so it is what it is.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just starting Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames.

The Girl and The Stars was excellent. 👍 🤘 Really like the author, Mark Lawrence, who wrote a trilogy set in the same world (called Book of The Ancestor, a couple of which I mention in a post from March 23) that I loved and plan on reading his other fantasy books sometime in the future.

Also read Riot Baby by Tochi Onyebuchi in the interim, which was outstanding. 👍 👍 Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...